Sunday, September 5, 2010

Amherst draws near.

I know this may sound redundant since I just wrote a post about it, but I felt the need to elaborate.

Boston makes me feel depressed. I don't know the exact reason why, but I feel like it has something to do with everything that goes on around here. There's already a lot of things going on in my life - in our lives - but to top it all off, even when we don't want to think those things, we can't. We live in a world too consumed with everything. There's never really a dull moment when you can sit, and truly feel the calm breeze.

That's what I miss about Amherst. It's even through those tough, sleepless nights during finals that I can still relax and not over stress about anything. It's thanks to the wonders of mother nature that I can truly take a break from school, from people, and the stress life brings to us. Realizing this has made me wonder where I'll end up later on in my life. Will I go back to being a city girl and raise my future kids here? Or will I move to the suburbs where even hectic, tiresome days can miraculously feel like vacations?

There's so much life has to offer... Sometimes I wish it'd just give us less options so we wouldn't have to think about these things. But I guess I'll just stick to the suburbs now. I live there more than I do at home anyways. Plus, I don't ever seem to get sick of it. Oh, Amherst... I can't wait to see you again.

1 comment:

Leave a note.