Friday, September 3, 2010

Sex in an Anthropogenic View.

People say humans are the only animals/mammals to have sex for pleasure, but is that really true?

It is scientific fact that all living creatures live to bear children, pass on their traits, etc. So why is it that us humans are looked upon as sexual deviants?

It is not because we are, but because it is frowned upon to bear children at the start of puberty. Years ago, it was, in fact, accepted and pretty much expected to be wed and pregnant by the age of 13. Theoretically speaking, there is nothing wrong with that. Once we hit our pubescent ways, our bodies are telling us it's ready to mate and have children. Say, if we were to throw one man and one woman who have never been influenced by anything in their lifetime, they'd probably become sexually intimate as soon as they'd get the drive to. It wouldn't have anything to do with desire, but instead, our bodies telling us to mate. If it weren't for marriage, love, and all the romance we've grown a longing for, people all over the world would be mating like rabbits.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is what some people have been saying all along - that sex isn't necessarily something we do just because we want pleasure, but because it is a natural part of life. Society just tends to look at it as an abuse of pleasure due to our current need to develop ourselves mentally before physically or sexually.

Note: This is just one of the many random thoughts I get before going to bed. I am so thankful to have this BlackBerry so I can blog as my thoughts form. :)

P.S. Sorry if I didn't happen to make any sense! That's what I get when I blog at this hour in real-time. Goognight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note.