Tuesday, August 3, 2010

And I thought my heart wasn't in it.

In the beginning, that is.

Little did I know, I ended up liking him more than I thought I would. He had the kind heart that I longed for. And even the parts of him others may have seen as "fault," I looked at them as individuality. I trusted him a lot - with myself and with my heart. I believed his was in it too, but I guess somewhere along the line, his stopped.

I don't know what else to say. I still think he's a great guy. I still respect his kindness and his entire persona, really. I don't think any less of him. I actually wish him the better - with life and with everything that may come his way. He's a good guy and he deserves good things...

To be honest, I'd say this is my first real "heartbreak." (Not including the whole Dave thing, of course.) I guess I've always been the heart breaker in the past. It's definitely odd being on this end, but it's not as bad as I thought it would be. I'm sure it's just because our relationship didn't get the chance to progress that much. Or, it's just because of the way I take things. I don't know, but I do know others have it a lot worse. It'll be interesting to see how I get over this...

I'll end this post with not a song, but a hopeful quote that I think more people should take into consideration - religious or not.
"God, grant me strength to accept those things I cannot change."
—Camerlengo Ventresca, Angels & Demons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note.