Friday, August 6, 2010

In love with Love.

I was always a believer in love. I've always had faith that in time, people would end up with the person they were meant to be with. I guess you can say I believe in "soul mates."

Just recently, I've realize I'm slowly becoming one of those people afraid they won't find their other half. After watching countless television shows, such as The Bachelor/Bachelorette, that revolve around romance, I've realized they are the cause of these thoughts. The "reality" of gorgeous men and women not being able to find love makes me slightly question my own ability.

Luckily, I'm not one to be influenced so easily - especially on this topic. Now, I don't know why I have so much faith in love, but I'm glad I do. I'm also glad for each and every relationship and heartbreak that I've had and will possibly have in the future. They teach me things. Things about relationships, things about the person I'm really looking for, and things about myself. I feel like all the heartbreak and pain is worth it. Because in the end, once you find that person - the person you've been looking for all this time - none of that will matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note.