Thursday, January 28, 2010

Facebook.

Ever since I got to UMass, I haven't been using Facebook all too often. It was rare for me to even log onto it once a day. However, after the start of my second semester here, I have been keeping tabs on it.

Today, I logged onto Facebook and was bombarded with a message sent by a friend through an application. The message had to do with Valentine's Day. Valentine's Day...? What's that? If it wasn't for Facebook, I would've completely forgotten about the day dedicated to romance. It's funny seeing as I've been thinking about romance quite often according to my previous posts. You would've thought I'd remember it, but nope. I think it has to do with just living in Amherst. When I'm here, I feel like I'm in a different part of the world. It's almost as if nothing outside Amherst exists. Nothing bothers me. Nothing comes my way. I'm just surrounded by this lovely calm atmosphere. The people are friendly, the area is safe, there are always people I can depend on and talk to. What more can you ask for? Romance? Perhaps... I would almost feel greedy to ask for that. Life seems almost complete even without a guy.

I wonder why I've been thinking so much about men. I tend not to, or try not to at least. After realizing I didn't want to "waste" time on pointless relationships, I decided to wait to find someone I can actually see myself with. Do my thoughts about relationships mean that this guy might actually be special? He sure seems like it; a humble, fun, loving guy.

I have this thing about me where I try to avoid talking about people I'm interested in. I have this theory that when I talk to friends about guys, feelings develop a lot faster, and at times, they may be false feelings. Thinking about them are okay, but talking about them just doesn't seem to be. I guess it's because other peoples opinions and thoughts get in the way of mine. So if you're reading this and wondering why I haven't told you I'm interested in so and so, this is why. Don't take it personally. I just need to figure out myself whether or not I'm really interested in this person, and when I do, I won't hesitate to tell. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note.