Friday, June 4, 2010

Cheers.

I've grown to really like them. They tend to be fun, relaxing, and just overall enjoyable. I have to admit though, that it is because I started drinking. Yes, I had fun when I didn't drink, but partaking in the festivities does actually make it all the better. However, it's not because I get drunk or anything. It's because I feel more integrated with everyone. I can now play beer pong without having to find a parter who would drink for me. I can share drinks with my partner instead of basically forcing him/her to take them for me. We can also make celebratory "cheers." All in all, it does come back down to integration. I know people accept me whether I drink or not, but it's all about personal comfort. I drink when I feel like it. Most importantly, I drink when I'm having fun - not to have fun. I think people forget that all too often. Drinking has become such a norm that people think it correlates to fun when it doesn't. Not all the time, at least. There's a reason why alcohol companies plaster their beverages with "drink responsibly." Sadly, it's not always taken seriously.

1 comment:

  1. them? you've been drinking without me recently?! D: lamee haha <3 i need to tap bottles/cups/ glass with you sometime :P im the drunk that makes everything more fun that it already is :D

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note.