Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Sex Appeal.

It took me a while to realize this, but I've come to believe it's the glue that holds relationships together - and all it took was one bad kiss.

So I won't give this guy a name, but all you really have to know is that he's one bad kisser. My first impression of him was, obviously, his physical appearance. He was quite a good looking man, and fit. He also had a sweetheart look to him, which is something I do find attractive. And to top it all off, he was a sweetheart. He was very caring, didn't take advantage of me when I was very tipsy (practically drunk) or alone with him, and he was also adventurous. In fact, he wanted to take me out on a date, which let me tell you, wasn't the typical movie and dinner, but mini golfing or batting! Now I don't know about you, but I've never heard of a man who mentioned mini golfing or batting before he mentioned a movie and dinner. On the other hand, maybe I'm just young and all the men I've ever dated were unemployed and practically broke. Haha.

Anyways, to sum it all up, he was basically one of those guys you could bring home to your mother - even to an Asian person's mother; my mother! But even with all his fantastic qualities, what always cut it was his lack of sex appeal. I hate to say it, but every time we kissed, my desire for him completely diminished. Is that why some people find the need to open their eyes when they make out with someone? So if the person they're kissing is a bad kisser, they can look at their physical beauty? I don't know, but it just sucks knowing how kissing makes it or breaks it in relationships. Studies actually show that "59% of men and 66% of women reported on occasion finding themselves attracted to someone, only to lose interest after kissing them for the first time" (Hooper). That's a huge percentage for something so seemingly small.

I guess the only reason why I'm really talking about this is because I tend to think about him from time to time, only to remember how little of a connection I felt due to his kiss. It's sad how someone could have so much, but all that can turn into nothing because of something so small.

Maybe it's just me, but I do think we as a society, have taken love and attraction to a whole new level. People never used to think this way...

3 comments:

  1. 1. You cited a scientific article correctly, you should be a bio major.
    2. What are you trying to say about broke and unemployed guys huh?! >=O FWI, they usually go broke BECAUSE of the girl regardless of employment!
    3. AAWWWWWWW!!! Sorry, guys can't be perfect at everything. You can always skip kissing and get right down to business lol.
    4. The good news is he can only get better at it(I hope)!

    Anyways, just stick with it and he'll get better. If you're not there then how would he ever get to practice? Amirite?! =D Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if the guy you're talking about reads your blogs... He's prob sitting at his computer like "DAMMIT!". How funny would it be if the next time you hear from him he's gotten a well paying job, he's somehow gotten hot, and you occasionally hear from girls how awesome of a kisser he is... OH THE IRONY :P jk... (But seriously, no more broke unemployed losers plz) :D

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note.