Sunday, July 18, 2010

Expectations.

I don't know what to expect from the men I date. I never have. And not only do I not know what to expect, but I'm not sure what I'm allowed to ask for...

Should he be the one coming up with plans for our first few dates? Should he be paying? Is he supposed to call me after our first date, or should he not for an entire 24 hours to show that he isn't already obsessed with me? Also, after all those dates and we're finally settled into something more like a relationship, how often should he call? Do I have the right to expect somewhat frequent I-miss-you texts or other signs of endearment? Is he supposed to want to see me quite frequently or at the very least, make an effort to see me at least once or twice a week? Or is he supposed to willingly choose spending time with me over his other plans? And about gifts, do I have the right to expect flowers and a gift on birthday's, other holidays, or even randomly?

I guess I just don't know what is expecting too much, and what is expecting too little. However, I do feel like I'm expecting too little at the moment and not getting nearly enough of anything. It makes me feel like I should be more demanding. But then again, how much is too demanding and how little is too little? What should I expect?

I'm so bad at relationships... Any feedback would be nice.

And once again, The Bravery:
The Bravery
The Sun and the Moon
The Ocean

4 comments:

  1. Don't expect anything, then you'll be pleasantly surprised with what he does give you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That doesn't help... I feel like I deserve more. Maybe not more of anything tangible, but more effort..

    And not expecting anything makes me feel like dirt.. if you catch my drift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol the right guy will give you your first set of expectations.they're all pretty much the same..depending on the type of guy you are interested in. first you find what type of guy you're interested in :]. then things would happen very naturally :]. you dont have to worry about it just be yourself and be open to guys and they'll show you if you show them you are interested. I hope this helps :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you feel like youre being treated like dirt. rationalize to make you you are/aren't. if you are and you dont see any effort or all of his efforts arent what you see is comfortable fr you. then thats not the guy for you :P

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note.