Saturday, July 10, 2010

Je suis apprendre le francais.

For the past couple days, I've been making an attempt to learn French. I stumbled upon this instructional series called "French in Action" which was made for those interested in learning French to do so. It's really awesome seeing as it doesn't cost me a dime, and it already seems to be more effective than my French class in 8th grade. I have to warn you that it's a bit corny and very PBS, because it was made to air there, but it's definitely worth trying out if you're interested in learning.

I've been watching an episode everyday so far and replaying them an additional time or two just to make sure I get the gist of them before going onto the next. They're really helpful not only for learning French, but understanding French culture. I have to admit it's already getting a bit tough due to the grammar, but I'm sure it'll be completely worth it in the end. Hopefully these videos will give me an upper hand in my future French class, and possibly help me if and when I study abroad. The thought of going abroad just motivates me even more. Maybe I'll even major/minor in French! That would be exciting.

Anyways, I have to get out of the house and keep myself busy in order to counteract my bipolar tendencies. Off to Borders I go! I think I might just purchase Angels & Demons, or read it there. I've missed Langdon. A tout a l'heure, mon ami!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note.