Sunday, April 4, 2010

Serenity.

This weekend has been so nice. The majority of people were gone, and those that remained were Maddie, Sihem, Shoko, and a few others. They came back Saturday afternoon, so I had Friday night and Saturday morning to myself, and Saturday night and Sunday with the girls. It was so relaxing.

For the most part, I did my own thing when I was alone. I finally got to run outside on Saturday since it was so nice out. According to Google Maps, I ran 1.8 miles nonstop. I planned for a 2 mile run, but I wouldn't have enjoyed that route. I'm so close to running 2 miles! Anyways, I headed to Franks afterwards, and bumped into Mike and Raf when entering. After eating, I went with Raf for a walk since he wanted to take pictures. We bumped into Brian, tried to fly his kite, then headed to Northeast to hang out with Thatcher kids. They smoked hookah, while Evan and I played frisbee for an hour or two. I had a really nice and active day. At around 5pm, Maddie, Sihem, and Shoko came back from Matt's. We hung out, caught up with one another and then went to go watch Alice in Wonderland, which was a good movie. I just didn't enjoy the ending that much and expected something different out of it. Other than that, I really liked it.

Today, we had our normal Sunday, eating late and hanging out. After breakfast, we stayed on the hill, lied down and chatted, then went for a game of frisbee. We went back into the dorm not too long ago to get some work done. Maddie and Sihem went to town to do work, while Shoko and I decided to stay in. I actually wanted to go to town, but I figured I'd get more work done here. I am looking forward to going to town to do work one of these days though. It would be a nice change.

With all this said, it's time for me to finally work on my final English research paper. I actually have to come up with a good draft this time. Hopefully I'll get this done in an hour of two. Wish me luck!

By the way, I miss Nemat! This lack of communication is something I'm not used to, but it does evoke emotions and keep the relationship alive. I'm excited to see him again.

P.S. Happy Easter and enjoy the nice weather!

1 comment:

  1. .Dear Lauren,

    I am currently at the library and being uberly productive. I believe I feel the same productivity high as you do in your previous posts. It may also be the caffeine high I have right now since I've consumed an entire bottle of NOS (~390 mg caffeine/bottle) within the last 3 hours. I think I've found a new favorite energy drink =D Anyways, back to work!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note.