Monday, May 17, 2010

Bad habit.

I have the habit of putting things off. Yes, I guess you can call that procrastinating, but I don't really see it that way. I tend to put things off because I'm nervous, shy, or feel uneasy/unconfident about things - like applying for jobs. A lot of the time, I feel like there are many people much more qualified than me, causing the little voice in my head to put me down. It makes me feel unproductive, seeing as all I end up doing is sitting and thinking, and not working on my application. I need to end this. Therefore, I'm going to call Bottomline tomorrow, hopefully get some help with writing a cover letter for a pre-trial internship, and submit my application to them by Friday (their deadline). I'm also planning to submit my Urban Outfitters application as well as pick more applications up from other stores this week.

I'm excited. I've realized that this issue is just part of my mentality. I tend to think too much and not take action. It used to be a big issue when I did my school work, except I fixed it in that situation. I guess I just need to fix it in this situation too. With that said, I'm going to finish filling out my application and think intensely about the pre-trial one. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note.