Thursday, May 13, 2010

Classes.

I've been trying to finalize my Fall 2010 class schedule for what feels like months now. I'm slowly getting there seeing as I finally handed in my course override form on Tuesday to take Kinesiology 171: Anatomy and Physiology, but I'm still far from being satisfied with my classes. My main problem is not being able to get into the classes I want to. They're all either closed, restricted to majors/minors, or both.

Some classes I've really been trying to enroll in are English classes. I feel like I've always been interested in improving my English (reading and writing) and have considered becoming an English minor at the very least for a very long time. What I really want to do at the moment is to replace my PoliSci class, which counts as a History Gen Ed, with an English course. I figured I can wait until the Spring semester to fulfill my history requirement since I'm planning to study abroad in a French-speaking area and learn about their history instead.

I've noticed that I've gotten really serious about my studies this past semester. I've really been thinking about my majors, possible careers, etc. I think it's because I'm trying to figure myself out. After all, I am getting older and closer to entering the "real world."

I've been meaning to write about this for some time now but never found the time to. I've thought a lot about age and the belief that with age, comes wisdom. And even though I have said that I've always looked at myself as being mature for my age, I, now, do see my past self as naive. It's interesting because I never thought of myself to be that way at that point in time. I assumed I'd practically have the same mentality later on in life. I guess I was wrong. I wonder if anyone else feels the same - if they believe the quote that "the older you get, the wiser you become." After all, I remember the majority of early teenagers thinking the choices they made were right. I wonder if there are people who never realize it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note.