Thursday, May 6, 2010

Hi.

I just realized I haven't been blogging lately! What's happening to me?! Actually, it's not that bad. It has only been about three days.

But it's not completely my fault. I've just been trying to study for my Soc exam, which was at 10:30am today. I think I did fine. It wasn't insanely hard. Also, as you may have assumed, classes are over. They ended on Tuesday, which means that after my last two finals next Tuesday, I'll be moving back home. I'll probably be back in Boston by Wednesday night.

I'm going to miss UMass so much over the summer. I'm not going to have a hill or vast amounts of open green fields anymore. I'm not going to be able to hang out with friends right outside the dorm or right outside my room, even. Everything's starting to hit me now, and I can really see that college is an experience - a great one. People definitely need to take advantage of living away from home in a completely new environment. It's so worth it.

Anyways, I spoke with my English teacher, Lauren, for my final (which is just a 15 minute English conference), and she said I should continue writing. Apparently, I have a sense of humor when I write. It's weird because I never noticed it until this class. She also recommended two English classes for me to take in the future and to apply to Commonwealth Honors College, which is something I'm very much interested in. I really want to up my game. I feel like I need to continue challenging myself, forcing me to spend my time wisely, and take my education more seriously. It feels good when I challenge myself. Along with that, she said she'd recommend me some books over the summer because I have to seriously start reading more. She's such an awesome teacher. I'm definitely going to try to keep in touch with her. She's really given me a lot more confidence in my writing. Maybe I'll even minor in English. I've wanted to for some time now.

Anyways, I'm going to take a nap. I really need one. Today is my relaxing day. I want to party, but there probably isn't much going on later. Maybe some people will be celebrating Thirsty Thursday? Maybe? Yes? Let's just hope so. Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. minor in english? this should be interesting :] haha Laurenn happy early mothers day! :D..and when i mean Early i mean...10 years early. Afterall, you are the future bearer of my child :] lol <3 hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note.