Sunday, May 30, 2010

Book 4 & "The Perks"

I finished "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" earlier today and have already purchased my next book, "Fight Club"! I'm excited to read it - especially since I haven't seen the movie yet. I know, I'm late. But at least I get exercise my imagination before letting a movie do it for me. I'm glad I've picked up reading. As dorky at this sounds, I'm really enjoyable.

Also, before I disregard "The Perks of Being a Wallflower," I'd like to say that I loved the book. I don't remember getting through a book so quickly and willingly - not even Twilight! Chbosky, the author, did such a great job writing it, evoking sadness, love, uncertainty, worry, happiness, and all emotions for the main character. I felt as if he were my own friend. It's definitely something I recommend for people to read. What I noticed quickly after reading only a few pages was that the main character reminded me of someone; someone whom I think is a sweet, innocent, sincere, and loving person. That person is actually who I'm crushing on right now, and those are all the reasons why I have those feelings towards him. With that said, I think I'm going to give him "The Perks..." to read - my copy. This book has really reminded me of the act of kindness. It's reminded me how you're really supposed to love someone, how to sincerely care for someone, and how to thank people. It's also shown me that books are meant to be shared - things are meant to be shared. And this is how I want to start... by giving him this book. If he's interested in it that is. If he gives it a chance to see what I see.

That's how I feel about books right now. If I enjoy it, get something out of it, or learn something from it, why not spread this new knowledge? Why not spread this joy?

That's my two cents today...

1 comment:

  1. Read Fight Club slow, because it gets kind of confusing if you try to breeze through it. And keep an open mind, most people don't realize that Fight Club has very little to do with fighting. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note.