Monday, February 1, 2010

My newfound love.

Oh no! I can't believe I skipped a day of blogging. I guess I was just go exhausted and had work to do after I came back from SNOWBOARDING! :)

It was a-w-e-s-o-m-e. I can't describe my love for it in words. Also, it's not as hard as it looks. I think I picked it up quite easily. After conquering my fears of diving into and facing the slope, the rest was history. It felt natural, almost as easy as breathing. Everything just came to me. I was able to stop, turn, everything - except doings tricks, of course. I have to admit I started doing worse after a couple times down the slope, but I think it was just exhaustion that was creeping up on me.

I miss the slopes so much. I realized that every time I close my eyes, I picture myself going down a mountain. Am I obsessed or what? I guess I look at snowboarding as if it's an escape. There's nothing but white snow and trees. Nothing but the softness of snow and being on it. Oh, the rush of adrenaline! I love it. I thrive for it. When you have something so calming, yet gives you that rush, there's nothing better. I want back.

The Ski and Snowboard Club has trips planned every weekend of February. I wish I had all the equipment. I'd go every weekend if I could. I hope I can at least go once more this semester. In fact, my cousin and I are talking about taking a trip to a mountain during my three day weekend this very second. I'm not sure if it'll actually happen, but it's the thought that counts.

Anyways, I have work with my name on it, so catch me later. <3 always.

By the way, Happy Birthday Mom

1 comment:

Leave a note.